New York:(212) 941-0829
New Jersey:(732) 451-0829
Long Island:(516) 539-0829

Do you owe back taxes?

The New York State Department of Taxation and Finance has a Voluntary Disclosure program which allows eligible taxpayers to avoid penalties and possible criminal charges if they satisfy their tax obligations:

Under the Tax Department’s Voluntary Disclosure and Compliance program, eligible taxpayers who owe back taxes and haven't filed related returns can avoid monetary penalties and possible criminal charges by:

  • telling the Department what taxes they owe;
  • paying those taxes; and
  • entering an agreement to pay all future taxes.

It's easy to apply. Just follow the prompts, answer a few questions, and submit your application electronically. Once they receive your application, they'll review it and contact you.

Current tax year debts:

If you've filed a timely tax return for the current tax year, but can't pay in full, the Voluntary Disclosure Program is not for you. You can, however, contact the Collections and Civil Enforcement Division to learn more about setting up a payment plan.

How does one become an enrolled agent?

The license is earned in one of two ways: by passing a comprehensive examination which covers all aspects of the tax code, or having worked at the IRS for five years in a position which regularly interpreted and applied the tax code and its regulations. All candidates are subjected to a rigorous background check conducted by the IRS.

View Original Source

Start your tax relief here!